Leaseholders - service charges
If you are a 125-year leaseholder, we - the Council - (as your Landlord) is obliged to provide you with certain routine services and to charge you for those services.
These services include:
- Emergency response service
- Estate cleaning
- Estate lighting - Does not include lighting for adopted public roads which run through the estates.
- Garden maintenance
- Estate repairs - Does not include works to adopted roads, paths and footways running through the estate.
- Block repairs - The Council is not responsible for repairs or maintenance inside your flat, although the Council will carry out emergency work to prevent a problem causing either a nuisance or damage to the block. You may be charged for any work carried out inside your flat.
- Block cleaning - Does not include the weekly domestic refuse collection.
- Block electricity
- Paladins (bins)
- Lift repairs
- Lift running costs
- Buildings Insurance and Contribution to fund -The Council maintains a fund made partly by contributions from leaseholders instead of collecting insurance premiums on smaller repairs. This helps to keep your building insurance charges down.
- Management expenses - Includes the leaseholder's share of general expenses. Also includes the cost of sending out service charge bills, and dealing with leaseholders queries.
- Minor works commissioning fee - This covers technical, supervisory and administrative costs associated with maintenance works.
Your service charge payments are dealt with by the Income Collection Service of Wandsworth Council.
AvailabilityMonday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
Housing: standard of service/repairs
Telephone: 020 8871 8327
17-27 , Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, SW18 4AE
Income Collection Service: service charges payments
Telephone: 020 8871 6299
Town Hall, High Street, Wandsworth, SW18 2PU